Is it true that 60 percent of Americans are overweight?

Neal Spruce
Neal Spruce on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
No, 65% are; and believe it or not, that’s the good news. According to a new study, the majority of the remaining 35% are simply not fat YET! Nine out of ten adults will become (or were) fat at some point in their lives. And to continue on, 25 percent of Americans are obese. And that’s the good news: according to a recent study, one of every two adults will end up obese at some point. These are bleak statistics that are only getting worse. We need to get people to move whenever and wherever possible, even if it's just standing and/or pacing instead of sitting. A person can burn twice as many calories this way!

Continue Learning about Obesity

For Those Overweight, Stress is More Dangerous
It’s like adding insult to injury, receiving a one-two punch, or kicking someone when they’re down: If you’re overweight, your system’s already compro...
How safe is it for me to have surgery if I am obese?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
According to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, obesity is increasing in the US. In fact, nearl...
What are the characteristics of weight regainers?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
The biggest challenge after losing weight is not to regain it. Keeping lost pounds off is difficult ...
How Big of a Problem Is Obesity?
How Big of a Problem Is Obesity?