How many people get cancer by being overweight or obese?

In 2002, about 41,000 new cases of cancer in the United States were estimated to be due to obesity. This means that about 3.2 percent of all new cancers are linked to obesity.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Obesity

How Your Diet Now Can Affect Your Future Children
In 2007, the heaviest woman ever to give birth weighed in at 532 pounds and it took 30 doctors to perform the C-section. While she’s an extreme ex...
How many people die by being overweight or obese?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
In this era of an obesity epidemic, interest in dieting is higher than ever before. Obesity is t...
What should I do if I'm morbidly obese?
Nicole Florence, MDNicole Florence, MD
If you are considered to be morbidly obese, it is important to see your physician or a medical weigh...
How Do We Promote Healthy Changes?
How Do We Promote Healthy Changes?