What are the treatment options for mesenteric lymphadenitis?

There is not much treatment for a normal case of mesenteric lymphadenitis, especially the viral cases. Most cases will heal on their own. To help with any pain, you can take standard pain relievers or fever reducers. If bacteria caused the infection, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

How do I manage my mesenteric lymphadenitis on a daily basis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis only lasts for a few days or weeks before it clears on its own. During the ...
How common is mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis is more common in children and teenagers than adults. Mesenteric lympha...
How is mesenteric lymphadenitis diagnosed?
Depending on your doctor, mesenteric lymphadenitis may be diagnosed through a number of differen...
What increases my risk for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
The people who are most at risk to contract a case of mesenteric lymphadenitis are children. Since t...