Inflammation's effect depends on what part of your body is inflamed. A cut often becomes inflamed as your body tries to prevent bacteria and viruses from infecting you. Inflammation in any part of your body can be painful and limit motion. If your joints are inflamed, you may develop arthritis. If your kidneys are inflamed, you may develop high blood pressure. Allergies, dermatitis, heart disease, osteoporosis, and many other conditions can also be related to inflammation.
- Q How can my lifestyle affect my risk for inflammation?
- Q How can I reduce inflammation that affects cancer?
- Q How does chronic inflammation affect heart health?
- Q How can chronic inflammation affect my body?
- Q What is edema?
- Q What is a treatment option for swelling in knees and legs?