Inflammation's effect depends on what part of your body is inflamed. A cut often becomes inflamed as your body tries to prevent bacteria and viruses from infecting you. Inflammation in any part of your body can be painful and limit motion. If your joints are inflamed, you may develop arthritis. If your kidneys are inflamed, you may develop high blood pressure. Allergies, dermatitis, heart disease, osteoporosis, and many other conditions can also be related to inflammation.
- Q Can I treat inflammation naturally?
- Q What is a treatment option for swelling in knees and legs?
- Q Can inflammation be prevented?
- Q What effect does inflammation have on the body?
- Q What are the symptoms of inflammation?
- Q How do I manage my inflammation on a daily basis?