What can cause iliopsoas bursitis?

Scott D. Martin, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
Iliopsoas bursitis affects the protective sac that lies between the front of the hip joint and the iliopsoas muscle, one of the hip flexors. It can be associated with rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis of the hip, or it may be brought on by overdoing activities that require repeated hip flexing (such as soccer, ballet, jumping hurdles, or running uphill).

Continue Learning about Bursitis

How is trochanteric bursitis prevented?
Keith Chittenden , NASM Elite TrainerKeith Chittenden , NASM Elite Trainer
Trochanter bursitis is usually caused by the band of facia called the Iliotibial (IT) band becoming ...
How can I treat my trochanteric bursitis?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Treatment for trochanteric bursitis consists of stretching and strengthening programs for the imbala...
How Do Pain Patches Work to Treat Pain?
How Do Pain Patches Work to Treat Pain?
What Causes Shoulder Bursitis?
What Causes Shoulder Bursitis?