Are Spirulina supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?

It is not known at this time whether Spirulina is safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women or for their children. However, due to the risk of contamination with heavy metals, pregnant women are advised not to take Spirulina. If you are pregnant, you should speak to your doctor prior to taking Spirulina

Continue Learning about Nutrition & Pregnancy

Pregnancy: Think Before You Drink
Pregnancy: Think Before You Drink
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 percent of pregnant women say they’ve had some alcohol, and one out of every 33 admits...
How can the foods I eat while pregnant affect my mood?
The foods you eat while you're pregnant can influence the delicate hormonal balance that controls yo...
Why do I need extra calcium during pregnancy?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
In order to maintain your calcium stores that you will need later in your lifetime it is important t...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children