Why should I talk to my doctor about dose changes for fibromyalgia drugs?

Talk to your doctor about changing doses if your fibromyalgia medications aren't working for you, or are causing unpleasant side effects. It can be hard to negotiate the tricky world of fibro treatment and dosing when you hardly have the energy to hit your snooze button in the morning. But fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that is tough to treat, so you'll need to work with your doctor to find the right combination of lifestyle changes and medicines that work for you. Experimenting with dosages is part of that process. You should also talk to your doctor about different medicines if you're still having problems. In addition to medications specifically approved for fibromyalgia, many physicians prescribe other medicines that they find work well for specific patients.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
What medications are used to treat fibromyalgia?
Finding the right doctor or specialist to diagnose and treat fibromyalgia is an important first step...
What Are the Most Common Challenges People with Fibromyalgia Face?
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?