How do I know if I'm on the right dose of Lyrica?

Your doctor will monitor your response closely to make sure you're taking the right dose of Lyrica. He or she will take into account how well the medication is working (its "efficacy") as well as whether or not you're experiencing any side effects.

What you're being treated for is also an important factor when determining the correct dose. Here are the recommended doses of Lyrica based on condition:
  • For fibromyalgia, the recommended dose is 300 to 450 milligrams (mg) per day, divided into two equal doses.
  • To control seizures, the recommended dose ranges from 150 to 600 mg per day, divided into two or three equal doses (and used in combination with other medications)
  • To relieve pain due to the viral infection shingles, the recommended dose is 150 to 300 mg per day, divided among two or three equal doses.
  • For pain due to nerve damage caused by diabetes, the maximum recommended dose is 300 mg a day.
Your doctor may start you on a lower dose of Lyrica than you might eventually need. If you tolerate that amount well, he or she might increase your dose for optimum effectiveness. For more information about Lyrica, talk to your doctor or your pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What is pregabalin?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also helpful for people wi...
What are some side effects of pregabalin?
Side effects of pregabalin may include dizziness, sleepiness, headaches, vision problems, memory pro...
What Are the Most Common Challenges People with Fibromyalgia Face?