What is the National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA)?

The National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. It works to support people who have chronic pain illnesses and their families and friends by contributing to caring, professional and community relationships. Through continuing education, networking with support groups and advocates, and affiliation with professional organizations, the members of the NFMCPA have a place to be informed, get involved and recognize achievements.

The NFMCPA also addresses the controversies, prejudices and life-altering effect of fibromyalgia (FM) and overlapping conditions on millions of people. These issues, combined with the American College of Rheumatology’s FM diagnostic criteria that includes 42 symptoms in the patient medical assessment, which are all part of FM co-morbid conditions, are at the core of the formation of this association. The contributions of experienced leaders from other nonprofit FM organizations, including scientific research and doctor education, and patient outreach, including resources to live better with FM and raising awareness about the condition, are reflected in the organization.

The organization brings together:
  • Science (research)
  • People with fibromyalgia
  • Healthcare providers
  • Thought leaders
  • Advocates
  • Complementary/alternative/integrative medicine (CAM/IM)

Continue Learning about Living With Fibromyalgia

Does being overweight have an effect on fibromyalgia?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
Being overweight may have an effect on fibromyalgia. Excess fat tissue can lead to greater inflammat...
How might my relationship be affected if I have fibromyalgia?
When you tell your partner you have fibromyalgia, you can hope for the best. But don't be surprised ...
Try Evening Primrose to Ease Chronic Pain
How Can I Prevent Fibromyalgia Flare-Ups?