What is the National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA)?

The National Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Association (NFMCPA) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. It works to support people who have chronic pain illnesses and their families and friends by contributing to caring, professional and community relationships. Through continuing education, networking with support groups and advocates, and affiliation with professional organizations, the members of the NFMCPA have a place to be informed, get involved and recognize achievements.

The NFMCPA also addresses the controversies, prejudices and life-altering effect of fibromyalgia (FM) and overlapping conditions on millions of people. These issues, combined with the American College of Rheumatology’s FM diagnostic criteria that includes 42 symptoms in the patient medical assessment, which are all part of FM co-morbid conditions, are at the core of the formation of this association. The contributions of experienced leaders from other nonprofit FM organizations, including scientific research and doctor education, and patient outreach, including resources to live better with FM and raising awareness about the condition, are reflected in the organization.

The organization brings together:
  • Science (research)
  • People with fibromyalgia
  • Healthcare providers
  • Thought leaders
  • Advocates
  • Complementary/alternative/integrative medicine (CAM/IM)

Continue Learning about Living With Fibromyalgia

How should I talk to my doctor about my fibromyalgia?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
If you have fibromyalgia, speak up and share what's really bothering you. Make sure you tell your do...
How do I manage fibromyalgia on a daily basis?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition. That means you need to have a plan in place to manage your ...
Hate Breaking a Sweat? Try Swimming
Hate Breaking a Sweat? Try Swimming
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?