Why do women feel tired during pregnancy?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

There are three primary factors that contribute to feeling tired during pregnancy. In the early half of pregnancy the effects of hormone changes and the physiologic changes of pregnancy are the primary contributors. In the second half of pregnancy, the increase weight of the growing fetus places addition demands on the body for energy.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Are Raw-Food Diets Dangerous If You’re Pregnant?
Who hasn’t read about Loni Jane Anthony, the pregnant woman who adheres to a raw vegan diet? According to reports, the 26-year-old Australian follows ...
Take Charge for a Healthy Pregnancy and Baby
During pregnancy, a developing fetus is tuned-in to Mom -- reacting to her voice, tasting the food she ate for dinner, feeling her sway as she walks a...
What is a non-stress test (NST) during pregnancy?
A non-stress test (NST) is a non-invasive method of fetal evaluation used in the last trimester of p...
If I'm pregnant and carrying low, will I have a boy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
This is one of those myths that makes guessing the baby's gender fun but has no basis in fact. "Carr...