What questions should I ask my doctor about Transcranial Doppler (TCD)?

The following questions can help you talk to your physician about a transcranial Doppler (TCD) test. Print out or write down these questions and take them with you to your appointment. Taking notes can help you remember your physician’s response when you get home.
  • Am I at high risk for stroke?
  • What can TCD tell us about my risk for stroke?
  • What happens next if the TCD test reveals a potential problem with the arteries leading to my brain?

Continue Learning about Diagnostic Ultrasonography

What is an intravascular ultrasound (IVUS)?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS), like any form of ultrasound, uses sound waves to create images of a...
How is Transcranial Doppler (TCD) performed?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
Transcranial Doppler (TCD) does not require preparation on the part of the patient. You will be ...
How is an ultrasound performed during pregnancy?
To perform the ultrasound, a technician will rub a thin layer of lubricating jelly on your belly...
What is a cranial ultrasound?
A cranial ultrasound is a type of imaging test that looks at either the blood flow within the brain ...