What is birth spacing?

Birth spacing is the period of time between giving birth and getting pregnant again. It's also called pregnancy spacing or interpregnancy interval (also called IPI). It's best to wait at least 18 months (1½ years) between giving birth and getting pregnant again. Too little time between pregnancies increases your risk of premature birth (before 37 weeks of pregnancy). The shorter the time between pregnancies, the higher your risk. Learn more at: marchofdimes.org/birthspacing

Continue Learning about Prior To Conception

Should I do anything special to get pregnant, if I am in my late 30s?
Piedmont Heart InstitutePiedmont Heart Institute
As you age, you have an increasing chance of having a baby born with a birth defect. Yet most women ...
What is non-invasive prenatal testing?
Wesley Medical CenterWesley Medical Center
Non-invasive prenatal testing is a blood test that isolates fetal genetic material to screen for evi...
How Soon After Having My Lap Band Removed Can I Try to Get Pregnant?
4 Natural Fertility Boosters to Help You Get Pregnant