If I'm pregnant, should I be worried about spotting?

Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Emergency Medicine
If you're pregnant, spotting and bleeding can be perfectly normal—or it can be a sign of troulbe. In this video, I will explain when you should see your OBGYN for spotting.
Rabiya Suleman, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
Some spotting is normal. Brown blood is usually okay, but red blood may indicate active bleeding, and could even be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy early on. However, you should talk to your doctor any time you have any kind of spotting.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy Complications

What You Need to Know About Miscarriages
At least ten percent of all known pregnancies will end in miscarriage, according to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Pr...
Can the risk of multiple premature births be decreased?
Chippenham Hospital - HCA VirginiaChippenham Hospital - HCA Virginia
Women with a history of premature delivery are at particularly high risk for recurrence. Research st...
Can a low lying placenta harm my baby?
Simply having the placenta in a low lying position but not on the edge of the cervix, should not int...
Healthy Pregnancy Weight, Healthier Adult Children