How do I manage my placental abruption on a daily basis?

If you have had a placental abruption, every day take extra care in everything you do. Many doctors will recommend bed rest for the rest of your pregnancy. If you are not on bed rest, try to avoid activities that put your abdomen at risk for physical harm. Also, be sure to get emergency care if bleeding is heavy or if you have abdominal or back pain.

Continue Learning about Placenta & Fetal Development

What can I do to improve my placental function?
There aren't a whole lot of products out there that really tout their placental benefits so you may ...
What effect does the mother's health have on the placenta?
One of the reasons we care so much about a mother's health during pregnancy is because it will influ...
What is the placenta?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
The placenta is the metabolic and respiratory support center for the fetus. The placenta is attached...
What is responsible for the earliest fetal movements?
Interestingly, since the spinal cord is further advanced in development than the brain for most of y...