What are the symptoms of bradycardia (slow heart rate)?

People with a slow heart rate, or bradycardia, may feel their heart skip a beat sometimes. Most patients feel dizzy, faint, or very tired. Some patients may even feel short of breath or nauseous. Check with your doctor if:
  • You have any of these symptoms.
  • The symptoms have begun recently.
  • You have been previously diagnosed with a slow arrhythmia and are experiencing a change in your symptoms.
People who experience serious symptoms from arrhythmias will need medical treatment to keep their heartbeat regular. If left untreated, bradycardia can be life threatening.

Continue Learning about Heart Disease Symptoms

What Fainting Says About Your Heart
What Fainting Says About Your Heart
Odds are, you know someone who has fainted—or maybe you’ve passed out yourself. Often referred to by its medical name, syncope, fainting is a loss of ...
What should I ask the doctor about my child's Kawasaki Disease symptoms?
If you suspect Kawasaki disease, there are some specific questions that you should ask the doctor ab...
What are the signs of heart disease?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Plaques in the coronary arteries, which supply blood to the heart muscle, usually expand gradually w...
Why Is Heart Disease Harder to Treat in Women?