What is a normal blood sugar level for a pregnant woman?

For a fasting blood test (no food within eight hours), blood sugar should be under 95 mg/dL. (Normally, it's 100 mg/dL, but pregnant women have lower blood sugar, so 95 is the norm.) If your levels are higher, it can be a sign of gestational diabetes.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

How Healthy Moms Lead to Healthy Adults
How Healthy Moms Lead to Healthy Adults
The spotted hyena gives birth to cubs that are born with a full set of where’s-my-dinner teeth. That’s in sharp contrast to human babies who remain de...
What questions should I ask my doctor about my pregnancy?
Review the following questions about pregnancy so you're prepared to discuss this important health i...
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked10 Biggest Pregnancy Myths, Debunked
Can you drink coffee? Should you avoid your cat? An OBGYN weighs in.  By Olivia DeLong If you’re thinking of becoming pregnant—or you’re already pre...
Why Is It Dangerous to Gain Too Much Weight Early In Pregnancy?