What are the dangers of anal sex during pregnancy?

Hilda Y. Hutcherson, MD
OBGYN (Obstetrics & Gynecology)

It is best to skip anal intercourse during preg­nancy. Dilated veins around the anus during preg­nancy can be easily damaged and you don’t want to risk spreading bacteria from your anus to your va­gina, leading to an infection.

The Good in Bed Guide to Sex and the Baby Years

Available at a substantial discount for a limited time only, thanks to support from K-Y(R) Brand!Once you get down to the business of baby-making, the advice will pour in: books, magazines, in-laws,...

Continue Learning about Health & Pregnancy

Are there alternative treatments for pregnancy symptoms?
A number of different alternative treatments are available to help treat the nausea and vomiting of ...
How can I find out about Pregnancy Centering?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Information about starting the Centering Model of Care in your community or learning about credentia...
Is it safe to use retinoic acid while I'm pregnant?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
It is recommended the use of most cosmeceuticals during pregnancy should be curtailed. Natural ingre...
Is it safe to travel during pregnancy?
Grannies on SafariGrannies on Safari
Usually, travel is no risk to you or your baby if you follow certain guidelines, such as making sure...