What do I need to know about caring for someone with gestational diabetes?

Pregnancy can be an exciting but challenging time for most women; having to manage gestational diabetes adds additional worries and responsibilities. If you are caring for someone with gestational diabetes, you can encourage them to follow their daily treatment plan. Support and encourage healthy habits. Join them when they exercise. Above all, provide support and understanding during this challenging time.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
Is there a cure for gestational diabetes?
There is no known cure for gestational diabetes. If you develop gestational diabetes, you are at ris...
If I had gestational diabetes will I get type 2 diabetes?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
Yes, women with gestational diabetes have an increased risk of developing type 2-diabetes later in l...