Is fibromyalgia a real disease?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
An explosion of research has been looking into the causes of fibromyalgia. Although scientists still do not know exactly why fibromyalgia occurs, their research clearly shows that fibromyalgia is real and that it's linked to abnormalities in pain processing in the nerves and other tissues.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia

Ease Fibromyalgia with Stress Reduction
Ease Fibromyalgia with Stress Reduction
Fibromyalgia pain and fatigue can be—needless to say—stressful. Which can set you up for a vicious cycle, because increased stress can make fibro symp...
How do I find the right doctor to help me with my fibromyalgia?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
For patients with fibromyalgia, you should find a board certified Rheumatologist that specializes in...
What to Eat if You Have Fibromyalgia
What to Eat if You Have FibromyalgiaWhat to Eat if You Have FibromyalgiaWhat to Eat if You Have FibromyalgiaWhat to Eat if You Have Fibromyalgia
Can the foods you eat improve or worsen your fibromyalgia symptoms?
What Is the Difference Between Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease?