Is fibromyalgia a real disease?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
An explosion of research has been looking into the causes of fibromyalgia. Although scientists still do not know exactly why fibromyalgia occurs, their research clearly shows that fibromyalgia is real and that it's linked to abnormalities in pain processing in the nerves and other tissues.
The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life

The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit tells readers what they need to know to take control of fibromyalgia symptoms. It includes step-by-step instructions for using effective non-drug treatments,...

Continue Learning about Fibromyalgia

How Does It Feel to Have Fibromyalgia?
How Does It Feel to Have Fibromyalgia?
What type of doctor(s) should I see if I think I have fibromyalgia?
Jennifer N. Caudle, DOJennifer N. Caudle, DO
There are many types of physicians who can diagnose and treat fibromyalgia, including family physici...
6 Key Pieces in Your Fibromyalgia Treatment Plan
6 Key Pieces in Your Fibromyalgia Treatment Plan6 Key Pieces in Your Fibromyalgia Treatment Plan6 Key Pieces in Your Fibromyalgia Treatment Plan6 Key Pieces in Your Fibromyalgia Treatment Plan
Everyday strategies to help you cope with your fibro symptoms.
What Are the Most Common Challenges People with Fibromyalgia Face?