When was Lyrica discovered?

Scientists began reporting on research involving a compound that would eventually become the drug Lyrica back in the 1990s. Pregabalin (the generic name for Lyrica) was initially developed as a medication that helps to control seizures in people who have conditions such as epilepsy. However, scientists later discovered that this compound also helps to treat chronic pain from conditions such as diabetic neuropathy and fibromyalgia.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What is pregabalin?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also helpful for people wi...
What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?
What Are the Criteria to Diagnose Fibromyalgia?