When might the side effects of Lyrica start?

Some side effects of Lyrica may start as early as the first time you take the medication. These include hives, rash, blisters and wheezing and may mean you're allergic to Lyrica. Call your doctor immediately if you experience these symptoms. Other side effects, including dizziness and sleepiness, may also occur soon after you start taking Lyrica. Mood changes or suicidal thoughts may occur after the first week. Again, call your doctor right away.

Weight gain, a common side effect, may occur gradually over several weeks or months of taking Lyrica. For more information about Lyrica and its side effects, talk to your pharmacist or doctor.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

Is Slow-Mag helpful for fibromyalgia pain?
MediGuardMediGuard
Slow-Mag contains 64mg of magnesium. Manganese and malic acid supplements have not been evaluated by...
Can I take Lyrica with other medicines?
MDLIVEMDLIVE
Yes, you can. But make sure your doctor and pharmacist know all of your medicines you take and any h...
What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
What Are the Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?