What should I know about Lyrica before taking it?

Lyrica may interact with a number of conditions or medications. It important to discuss the risks of Lyrica with your doctor before you start taking it. Lyrica can affect people who have any sort of allergy; are pregnant, breastfeeding or plan on becoming pregnant in the near future; take over-the-counter or prescription medications or herbal or dietary supplements; have a personal or family history of substance abuse; have heart disease, diabetes, heart failure or bleeding problems; have kidney disorders or are on dialysis; or have a personal history of mental disturbances, suicidal tendencies or depression. Lyrica has been known to cause an increase of suicidal tendencies or other changes in the mental state. It is important for your close friends or family members to monitor your mental health while taking Lyrica. Although Lyrica can treat a variety of conditions, it is not for everyone. Your doctor can help you decide if Lyrica is right for you.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
What are some side effects of pregabalin?
Side effects of pregabalin may include dizziness, sleepiness, headaches, vision problems, memory pro...
Why should I talk to my doctor about dose changes for fibromyalgia drugs?
Talk to your doctor about changing doses if your fibromyalgia medications aren't working for you...
What is pregabalin?
Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a drug that was developed to treat epilepsy. It is also helpful for people wi...