Can I take Lyrica while pregnant?

If you're pregnant, you should let your doctor know before you take Lyrica. The reason: A risk to your baby can't be ruled out. There are some clues from animal studies that taking Lyrica during pregnancy could harm a fetus. On the other hand, the use of Lyrica has never been studied in a group of pregnant women, so it's impossible to confirm that concern. In the end, it's up to you and your doctor to decide whether the benefits of Lyrica outweigh any potential threats.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
Are there medications that can cure fibromyalgia?
A variety of medications can help you cope with fibromyalgia and its symptoms. But at present th...
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?
Why Are Antidepressants Sometimes Prescribed to Treat Fibromyalgia?