How will I know if Lyrica is working well?

If you're taking Lyrica for a condition such as diabetic neuropathy or fibromyalgia, the goal is simple: You want to feel less pain. It may take a few weeks for Lyrica's full benefits to kick in for you, though in some cases people who take this medication feel better within a week or so.

If your doctor has prescribed Lyrica to help prevent seizures, you should eventually notice a drop in frequency of your seizures. Many people will experience a significant drop in the number of seizures they experience.

Continue Learning about Medications to Treat Fibromyalgia

What pain medications can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
Here's a list of pain medications used to treat fibromyalgia during pregnancy: Acetaminophen: Gene...
Can a prescription be a part of my overall fibromyalgia treatment regimen?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved three drugs for fibromyalgia: pregabali...
How Can I Relieve Chronic Pain from Conditions Like Fibromyalgia?
What Are My Options for Fibromyalgia Treatment?