- Poor sleep affects four in five people with fibromyalgia, with poor sleep also linked to the increase of pain.
- Half of those with fibromyalgia experience fibro fog, a term used for memory problems and confusion. These symptoms have been linked to more severe fibromyalgia pain, fatigue, and stiffness.
- Two in three people with fibromyalgia experience problems with depression or anxiety.
- Two in five people with fibromyalgia have problems with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or bloating.
- Urinary problems, bladder and genital pain, and sexual dysfunction may also occur in fibromyalgia.
- Pain, poor sleep, fatigue, and fibro fog are the most important symptoms people with fibromyalgia want to have treated.
Find out more about this book:The Woman's Fibromyalgia Toolkit: Manage Your Symptoms and Take Control of Your Life