What lifestyle changes can improve my health with fibromyalgia?

There are many lifestyle changes you can make to improve fibromyalgia symptoms. Try using moist heat applications or warm baths twice daily to help decrease pain and stiffness associated with fibromyalgia. Some people find that applying pressure to painful trigger points helps to reduce pain and allows you to move around more. Sitting properly at your work station and taking frequent breaks to stretch can help ease neck and shoulder pain. Getting up, moving around, and stretching your body are all important in reducing the muscle pain. Exercise helps boost endorphins, the body's natural opioids. Not only is exercise a good way to increase fitness, but it can also improve your mood.

Continue Learning about Living With Fibromyalgia

What Are the Most Common Challenges People with Fibromyalgia Face?
How Common Is Fibromyalgia?
How Common Is Fibromyalgia?
What Does My Family Need to Know About My Fibromyalgia Treatment?
To Cope With Fatigue, Give Into It
To Cope With Fatigue, Give Into It