Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q What does bargaining mean in relation to dealing with fibromyalgia?
- Q What can I do if I find that certain activities aggravate my fibromyalgia?
- Q How can smoking affect fibromyalgia?
- Q How do I manage fibromyalgia on a daily basis?
- Q How is it helpful to ask how I can feel my best each day with fibromyalgia?
- Q How can I reassure my children regarding my fibromyalgia?