Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q What help should I ask my partner for regarding my fibromyalgia?
- Q What lifestyle changes can improve my health and comfort with fibromyalgia?
- Q What happens after I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia?
- Q How is it helpful to ask how I can feel my best each day with fibromyalgia?
- Q How might my partner react when I tell them about my fibromyalgia?
- Q Can I live a normal life with fibromyalgia?