Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q How can I cope with fibromyalgia?
- Q How do I find out what is bothering my spouse about my fibromyalgia?
- Q What is the worst question my kids may ask me about my fibromyalgia?
- Q Why should I ask my spouse or partner how my fibromyalgia affected him/her?
- Q How might my children react when I tell them about my fibromyalgia?
- Q How can I avoid flare-ups from fibromyalgia?