Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q What should I tell my doctor about my fibromyalgia?
- Q How can I feel my best today with fibromyalgia?
- Q Why should I ask my spouse or partner how my fibromyalgia affected him/her?
- Q How can I avoid flare-ups from fibromyalgia?
- Q What supplements can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
- Q How do I accept my fibromyalgia?