Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q How might my children react when I tell them about my fibromyalgia?
- Q Should my spouse and I seek counseling if I have fibromyalgia?
- Q How might my relationship be affected if I have fibromyalgia?
- Q How can my lifestyle affect fibromyalgia?
- Q What supplements can I take for fibromyalgia if I am pregnant?
- Q How can past coping strategies help me with fibromyalgia today?