Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q How can I reassure my children regarding my fibromyalgia?
- Q How do I explain my fibromyalgia to my young children?
- Q What questions is my partner likely to ask about my fibromyalgia?
- Q What does bargaining mean in relation to dealing with fibromyalgia?
- Q What conditions can co-exist with fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, or ME/CFS?
- Q Who should I tell about my fibromyalgia?