Fibromyalgia doesn't get worse over time. It isn't a progressive disorder. However, you may experience flare ups when your symptoms seem worse. These can be the result of several factors including stress, lack of sleep, and your environment. Talk to your doctor about controlling your flare ups. Fibromyalgia can be painful and uncomfortable, but it isn't life threatening and it won't cause any permanent damage.
- Q What lifestyle changes can improve my health and comfort with fibromyalgia?
- Q How do I manage my fibromyalgia pain?
- Q How do I manage fibromyalgia on a daily basis?
- Q How can fibromyalgia affect breastfeeding?
- Q How should I talk to my doctor about my fibromyalgia?
- Q How can past communication success help partners talk about fibromyalgia?