Myths About Fibromyalgia
- Myth: Fibromyalgia Causes Only Minor Pain
- Myth: Fibromyalgia is All in Your Head
- Myth: Only Young Women Have Fibromyalgia
- Myth: You Can't Exercise With Fibromyalgia
- Other Myths
Read About the Facts of Fibromyalgia
Fight Fibro FogLearn How
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing fibromyalgia
The ratio of women to men diagnosed
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
View all fibromyalgia experts
Johns Hopkins Medicine
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a common, chronic, generalized pain syndrome of unknown origin. Although pain and tenderness are its defining features, patients also complain of. . .
- Q What can I do if my doctor does not believe in fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a real disease?
- Q Why was fibromyalgia originally considered a connective tissue disease?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a degenerative disease?
- Q What fibromyalgia symptoms are serious enough for me to see a doctor?
- Q What is fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia an autoimmune condition?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a progressive disease?
- Q How many people have fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a psychological problem?