Myths About Fibromyalgia
- Myth: Fibromyalgia Causes Only Minor Pain
- Myth: Fibromyalgia is All in Your Head
- Myth: Only Young Women Have Fibromyalgia
- Myth: You Can't Exercise With Fibromyalgia
- Other Myths
Read About the Facts of Fibromyalgia
The Fibromyalgia Diet
We've gathered the evidence on foods that may help tame the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Changing your diet may not work for you, but trying it can't hurt. It might even help.
Fight Fibro FogLearn How
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing fibromyalgia
The ratio of women to men diagnosed
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Johns Hopkins Medicine
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a common, chronic, generalized pain syndrome of unknown origin. Although pain and tenderness are its defining features, patients also complain of. . .
- Q What are common myths about fibromyalgia?
- Q How common is fibromyalgia?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a psychological problem?
- Q Is fibromyalgia a progressive disease?
- Q How many people have fibromyalgia?
- Q When was fibromyalgia discovered?
- Q How is fibromyalgia related to chronic pain?
- Q What medical conditions mimic fibromyalgia?
- Q How does fibromyalgia compare with other chronic pain conditions?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have fibromyalgia?