When should pregnant women start feeling fetal movement?

Pregnant women typically start feeling fetal movement during the second trimester, commonly between 20 and 24 weeks. During this time, movement's going to be quite sporadic. Women may feel it some days and less other days. It doesn't mean the fetus is not doing well. The fetus is still small. Toward the end of the second trimester, around 24 weeks, women feel movement a lot more frequently. It's also common to feel occasional flutters of movement before 20 weeks. This is okay too. Movement is never a bad thing. It's always good.

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

Mom’s Sweet Tooth Puts Babies at Risk of Asthma
“What took you so long?” a pregnant Lucy asks Ricky on an episode of I Love Lucy. “There’s only one store in New York City that makes a papaya juice m...
How are fingerprints formed in the womb?
Innumerable environmental factors influence the formation of fingerprints, including the exact posit...
How does the brain develop in a fetus?
During the first thirty days of pregnancy, the fetus's central nervous system begins to take sha...
What can my baby sense in the womb?
You may think, as your baby grows inside of you, that he's floating around in a muted, dark place th...