Do babies kick less near the end of pregnancy?

Babies do not kick less near the end of pregnancy. Toward the end of pregnancy the baby may move differently. It may feel more like rolling than kicking. However, if you are monitoring the baby’s movements at the same time each day, it should take about the same amount of time to feel 10 movements. Call your provider if you notice a significant change in your baby’s movement patterns or if you do not feel 10 movements in two hours.

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

Can a father's drinking harm his unborn baby?
How alcohol affects the male sperm is currently being studied. Whatever the effects are found to be,...
Could my baby's brain be damaged by pollution exposure in the womb?
Mother Nature NetworkMother Nature Network
Yes, your baby’s brain could be damaged by pollution in the womb. Two new studies published recently...
What is the earliest that is healthy for my baby to be born?
Week 37 is when your baby is considered full-term. At this point, the baby is far enough in developm...
When do sebaceous glands form?
Sebaceous glands (which excrete sebum, the body's natural protective oils) begin to form in the four...