Do babies kick less near the end of pregnancy?

Babies do not kick less near the end of pregnancy. Toward the end of pregnancy the baby may move differently. It may feel more like rolling than kicking. However, if you are monitoring the baby’s movements at the same time each day, it should take about the same amount of time to feel 10 movements. Call your provider if you notice a significant change in your baby’s movement patterns or if you do not feel 10 movements in two hours.

Continue Learning about Fetal Development Basics & Pregnancy

Mom’s Sweet Tooth Puts Babies at Risk of Asthma
“What took you so long?” a pregnant Lucy asks Ricky on an episode of I Love Lucy. “There’s only one store in New York City that makes a papaya juice m...
When does the sense of smell develop in a fetus?
It used to be that scientists believed fetuses had about as much of a sense of smell as they had a s...
How do intermittent and continuous fetal monitoring differ?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
There is good evidence that continuous fetal monitoring in uncomplicated pregnancies has done nothin...
Can I tell the gender of my baby by my belly shape?
Lots of people believe that the shape of their belly reflects the gender of the baby inside. Many th...