How much weight should I gain if I'm carrying twins?

Assuming you're at a healthy body weight before your pregnancy, you should steadily gain 5-7 pounds in the first trimester, 18-22 in the second trimester and 12-15 in the third, for a total of 35-44 pounds gained.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...
There is no magic number for how much weight you should gain during pregnancy. Every woman is different when it comes to height, weight, physical activity and metabolism. A healthy pattern of weight gain is about three to six pounds during the first three months of pregnancy and about a pound a week for the remainder of your pregnancy, but your healthcare professional will tell you the appropriate amount for you.

Women who are pregnant with twins are given special guidelines from the Institute of Medicine. Those in the normal BMI category should aim to gain 37 to 54 pounds; overweight women, 31 to 50 pounds; and obese women, 25 to 42 pounds.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

How Accurate Are Fertility Apps?
How Accurate Are Fertility Apps?
For many young women, digital menstrual-cycle monitors are a 21st century solution to the rhythm method (notoriously unreliable) and another fun way t...
How should I care for my breasts after giving birth?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
How you care for your breasts after childbirth depends on whether or not you will breastfeed your ba...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
What Are the Risks for Pregnancy After Age 40?