Why do I feel shortness of breath during pregnancy?

Feeling shortness of breath during pregnancy doesn't mean that you're literally unfit for motherhood. It's normal. Your lungs are processing about 40 percent more air than they do when you're not pregnant and, as the baby grows and takes up more space in your body, decreasing in size. So, you may find yourself huffing and puffing even when you do nothing more than just walk from one room to another. If the breathlessness persists at rest, you should call your doctor and be evaluated.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Just Relax and You'll Get Pregnant: True or False?
If you have fertility issues and you’re trying to conceive, you’ve probably heard the advice “Just relax and you’ll get pregnant.” Not only is this ad...
What should I avoid during pregnancy?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
The following should be avoided during pregnancy: Don't smoke tobacco. Quitting is hard, but you ...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?
What Is the Centering Pregnancy Model?