What can I do if I face nasal stuffiness during pregnancy?

Nosebleeds and nasal stuffiness are common during pregnancy. They are caused by the increased amount of blood in your body and hormones acting on the tissues of your nose.

Blow your nose gently Drink fluids and use a cool mist humidifier To stop a nosebleed, squeeze your nose between your thumb and forefinger for a few minutes

Call a doctor if nosebleeds are frequent and do not stop after a few minutes

This answer is based on source information from the National Women's Health Information Center

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Flu Shots Are Pregnancy-Approved
Flu Shots Are Pregnancy-Approved
The 2013 Korean movie Flu takes the fear of epidemic infection over the top, but luckily two brave docs risk everything to develop a vaccine. We love ...
What do doctors look for in the first ultrasound in pregnancy?
After checking the size of your belly to make sure your doctor or midwife has predicted the right ge...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
What Medications Should I Avoid If I'm Pregnant or Trying to Get Pregnant?