How soon after giving birth can I take a bath or go swimming?

In general, you should wait two weeks before taking a bath, to allow your body time to heal. You may shower right away. As far as swimming, your medical provider may suggest you wait until after your six-week postpartum check-up.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Why More U.S. Women Are Dying From Pregnancy-Related Issues
Hundreds of women die each year from pregnancy-related issues and most of these deaths are preventable, according to the Centers for Disease Control a...
What are the risks of taking anti-seizure drugs during pregnancy?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
In general, anti-seizure drugs are limited to the treatment of seizure or epilepsy disorders dur...
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Should You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in MindShould You Hire a Doula? 10 Things to Keep in Mind
Though only six percent of women hire them to help with pregnancy, doulas offer real benefits.
Can I Exercise During Pregnancy?
Can I Exercise During Pregnancy?