question

Why is it important to do passive range of motion (ROM) exercises?

National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Academy of Sports Medicine
answer

Range of motion exercises are performed to help maintain flexibility and mobility at the joint performed. In individuals who cannot perform active ROM exercises, passive ROM exercises can help reduce stiffness of a joint and keep it from freezing from a lack of movement.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Why must I breathe so hard during exercise?
Exercise and breathing hard. Learn why you breathe so hard during exercise.
How do I perform a front step-up to balance?
How do I perform a front step-up to balance? Stand in front of a box and step up onto the box with o...
What is a lunge exercise?
The lunge is a basic exercise that can be performed at home with minimal equipment and space require...
What are up-downs?
What are up-downs? Up-Downs are excellent for building strength and power in the legs, core, low bac...