Why is it important to do passive range of motion (ROM) exercises?

Range of motion exercises are performed to help maintain flexibility and mobility at the joint performed. In individuals who cannot perform active ROM exercises, passive ROM exercises can help reduce stiffness of a joint and keep it from freezing from a lack of movement.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How can I use my heart rate for a more efficient workout?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Here are the basics you need to know about using your heart rate for a more efficient workout. De...
How do I perform a single leg hammer curl, single arm?
Wendy Batts Wendy Batts
When performing a single leg, single arm hammer curl, you want to first choose a weight. Next, stand...
Why Is Stretching Important?
Why Is Stretching Important?