<p>Experts recommend at <a href="/health/cardiovascular-training/how-much-cardio-exercise" target="_blank">least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every week</a> for most people. Why? Cardio revs up your heart rate, boosts metabolism and helps you get in shape and lose weight.</p>Get started
Do-Anywhere WorkoutGet Moving
That’s Embarrassing!Don’t let these gym goofs<br>ruin your workout.
Brian Sutton , NASM Elite Trainer
How much physical activity should I do for good health?
<p>The 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans represents the most current and comprehensive set of guidelines to date to help Americans improve their health through appropriate physical activity and exercise. The guidelines, which are based on scientific evidence, recommend adults engage in 150 minutes a week (30 minutes 5 days a week) of moderate-intensity activity (i.e., brisk walking) to help improve their overall health and fitness and reduce their risk for developing numerous chronic diseases (such as heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, and type 2 diabetes). The guidelines also recommend that if adults exceed 300 minutes a week of moderate-intensity activity or 150 minutes a week of vigorous-intensity activity, then they will gain even more health benefits.</p>
- QHow can I make sure I do enough physical activity every week?
- QHow much exercise should I get each week?
- QHow can I stay hydrated if I'm physically active?
- QWhy should I try new sports in middle age?
- QWhat are the benefits of changing up my exercise routine?
- QWhat does training low mean for athletes?
- QHow much exercise should I do in my 40s?
- QWill it ever be possible to get the positive effects of exercise in a pill?
- QHow can I start exercising if i'm out of shape?
- QWhat summer activities can I do to stay fit?
- QWhy don't I get sore after workouts anymore?
- QWhat is exercise?
- QIs fitness more important than weight?
- QWhat is muscle fitness?
- QHow do corporate fitness programs help employees and the company?
- QHow can I lose fat specifically on my thighs?
- QHow much exercise do adults need?
- QHow many times a week should I do a hard workout?
- QWhat is the difference between fitness and health?
- QHow much physical activity do I need to be healthy?
- QCan I really boost calorie burning at rest?
- QWhy do my lungs burn when I exercise?
- QAre energy gels safe to use?
- QWhy do I get cramps in my fingers when I exercise?