Can toxoplasmosis compromise the treatment for glaucoma?

Macular scarring from previous toxoplasmosis in the retina will  not compromise or in any way alter your treatment for glaucoma. If the toxoplasmosis was active and being treated with medications such as corticosteroids, the treatment of the toxoplasmosis could influence treatment of the glaucoma. However, if your toxoplasmosis has not been active or treated for years, this will not have an effect on your glaucoma.

Continue Learning about Living With Glaucoma

How is glaucoma monitored?
Laura C. Fine, MDLaura C. Fine, MD
Each year, patients with glaucoma (a group of eye diseases that cause vision loss through damage to ...
What are the dietary recommendations for someone with glaucoma?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
For chronic glaucoma' a generally healthful diet is recommended with a focus on foods high in vitami...
Does smoking make glaucoma worse?
Louis B. Cantor, MDLouis B. Cantor, MD
The scientific literature is inconclusive with regard to a relationship between smoking and the ...
How do I manage my glaucoma on a daily basis?
There are many simple ways to manage your glaucoma on a daily basis. If you are suffering from glauc...