If I have glaucoma, what can I do keep my optic nerves healthy?

There are two important things that you can do to help ensure the optic nerves stay healthy. The first is to take the medicine faithfully to maintain the best intraocular pressure for your eyes. The second is to continue to see your ophthalmologist at the interval she/he suggests. If your eye pressure changes or the nerve shows subtle signs of early damage, your doctor can adjust the treatment.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

What can cause secondary glaucoma?
Laura C. Fine, MDLaura C. Fine, MD
Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that cause vision loss through damage to the optic nerve. Second...
What is glaucoma?
Glaucoma refers to a group of eye diseases that damage the nerves carrying images from the eye to th...
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?
Do genetics Play a Role in Eye Diseases Like Glaucoma?