Can vision loss from glaucoma be reversed?

Vision loss from acute glaucoma can be reversed if the pressure is reduced soon enough. In most cases there is some visual loss, but controlling the pressure can reduce the amount of visual loss.

Vision loss from glaucoma is irreversible unfortunately. However, it is important to maintain regular complete eye care. It may be that glasses, cataract surgery, and treatment for diabetic macular edema or bleeding may be necessary which may improve vision.

Continue Learning about Glaucoma

What is angle-closure glaucoma?
American Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmartAmerican Academy of Ophthalmology's EyeSmart
Like other forms of glaucoma, angle-closure glaucoma has to do with pressure inside the eye. A norma...
When should I call my doctor if I have glaucoma?
If you have glaucoma, you should seek medical attention immediately if you develop eye pain or a sev...
How Has Glaucoma Treatment Advanced?
How Has Glaucoma Treatment Advanced?
Is There a Problem with the Downward Dog Position in Yoga That I Should Watch Out for?