What is agility training?

Agility refers to the ability to start, stop, and change direction quickly while maintaining proper posture.  Therefore, agility training is a type of exercise training that incorporates short bursts of movement that involve changes of direction.  Agility training usually incorporates exercises such as cone drills and/or ladder drills in which the exerciser has to complete different movement patterns or foot patterns fast as possible.  An example of a drill used to enhance agility is the L.E.F.T. (Lower Extremity Functional Test) drill.  Here is how to do it:  Place 2 cones 10 yards apart.  Stand in an athletic position at one cone.  First, sprint to the opposite cone and then back pedal to the starting cone. Next, turn and side shuffle to the opposite cone, and then side shuffle back to the starting cone. Then, carioca to the opposite cone, and carioca back to the starting cone. Last, turn and immediately sprint through the far cone.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Winter Fitness Alternative for Walkers and Runners
Is winter weather disrupting your walking or running routine? Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. Both offer all-body and aerobic workouts with m...
I am tired of doing bench presses for my chest, what else can I do?
Other exercises you can incorporate to replace a bench press include: dumbbell chest press on a stab...
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo7 Office Exercises That Won't Make You Look Like a Weirdo
Try these quick and simple exercises to help you stay in shape while sitting in the office. The office life leaves many sitting at their desk all day...
What Is a Good Dance Workout for Me?
What Is a Good Dance Workout for Me?