What can I do if exercising has made my neck muscles big and bulky?

Sadie Lincoln
Sadie Lincoln on behalf of barre3
Fitness
If you are getting bulky muscles at the sides of the neck and top of the shoulder, you are probably overdeveloping your trapezius muscles. I hear this complaint when clients have improper form, or overdo push-ups in their workout routine. Static Plank hold is an excellent substitution for push-up addicts! Plank is a great pose for the whole body. In my classes I help clients find proper alignment. You want Plank to be a sweaty hold, where you can find ease and fluid breath.

Perform exercises that place less emphasis on the muscles of the neck and shoulders. Take a second look at your workouts and make sure they are balanced to stress all the major regions of the body. (Chest, Back, Shoulders, Arms, and Legs.)

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise Programs

Winter Fitness Alternative for Walkers and Runners
Is winter weather disrupting your walking or running routine? Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing. Both offer all-body and aerobic workouts with m...
How do I perform an arms overhead floor crunch with rotation?
Lie on your back with your knees bent, feet placed flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart. Exte...
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Why You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in HawaiiWhy You Should Exercise Outside and 5 Outdoor Workouts to Try Today in Hawaii
Hawaii’s year-round sunshine makes it the perfect climate to play in the sun while burning calories. One of the benefits to living in the tropics is c...
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?