Is a phone available for family members of those in ICU?

Deb Cordes
Deb Cordes on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialist

Phone availability may vary from hospital to hospital. Many times the phone is located in the waiting room for families who have loved ones in the ICU. The best way to ensure that you can keep updated on your family in ICU is to talk with the nurse caring for your family member. Ask the nurse if there is a phone available, where it is located, and are there any restrictions in the use of the phone.

Continue Learning about Critical Care

7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries7 Dangerous Emergency Surgeries
Some of the most common emergency surgeries can also be the riskiest. Over half a million Americans undergo emergency general surgery (EGS) every year...
What Makes for Good Critical Care?
What Makes for Good Critical Care?
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?
What Can I Expect in Critical Care?
What Are the Limitations of Computers in Medicine?