Why do my ears feel like they want to pop during exercise?

The eustachian tubes connect the middle ears to the back of the nose and help the ears drain fluid. They also help to keep air pressure between the outside air and the pressure in your middle ear equal. When there’s a sudden shift in air pressure, your body adjusts by moving air through your Eustachian tube and thus the "popping" sensation. This change in pressure can occur in exercisers when breathing forcefully or bracing to lift a heavy load and thus causing the "popping" sensation. Swallowing or yawning can help unplug your ears.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a single leg shoulder V raise with one arm?
Stand on one leg with your foot pointed straight ahead and knees slightly bent.  Draw-in your navel ...
How do I do a front step-up, balance to overhead press with alternate-arms?
Stand in front of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold...
Can Rigorous Exercise Stave Off the Symptoms of Parkinson's?