How do I perform a ball cobra?

Lie on top of a stability ball, with the ball placed under your stomach. Extend your legs and keep your toes on the ground. Extend your arms in front of the ball, draw-in your navel and contract your glutes. Pinch your shoulder blades together while bringing your arms around to the side of your body. Return your arms to the front of your body and repeat.

Start
1. Lie with ball under mid-section; feet pointed toward floor and legs straight.
2. Extend arms in front of ball.

Movement
3. Draw-in belly button and squeeze butt muscles.
4. Pinch shoulder blades back and down to bring arms around to side of body.
5. Return arms to front of body.

Continue Learning about Types Of Exercise

Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans Urged to Move More, Sit Less
Americans need to move more and sit less. That’s been the clear-cut message from government health officials since they issued physical activity guide...
How do I perform a tubing shoulder press?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder width apart.  Hold handles, one in e...
How do I do a front step-up, balance to overhead press with alternate-arms?
Stand in front of a box with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart.  Hold...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?