If I'm pregnant and carrying low, will I have a boy?

This is one of those myths that makes guessing the baby's gender fun but has no basis in fact. "Carrying low" means the pregnancy bump, or the most protruding part of the belly, rests low on the abdomen, close to the pelvis. "Carrying high" means the bump rides closer to the breasts. If a woman has loose abdominal muscles, either because of age or a previous pregnancy, the bump will be low. A woman with tighter abdominal muscles will carry a baby higher. The only true way to know the baby's gender is through an ultrasound or amniocentesis.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Treating the 6 Worst Skin Problems During Pregnancy
Anyone who’s been pregnant knows that it’s one of the conundrums of pregnancy -- you have sudden changes to your skin (could be multiple, occasional, ...
What exercises help prepare me for labor and delivery?
Paula GreerPaula Greer
Regular exercise during pregnancy helps to maintain cardiovascular health, core body tone and mainta...
How should I care for my breasts after giving birth?
StoneSprings Hospital CenterStoneSprings Hospital Center
How you care for your breasts after childbirth depends on whether or not you will breastfeed your ba...
What Are the Risks for Pregnancy After Age 40?