If I'm pregnant and carrying low, will I have a boy?

This is one of those myths that makes guessing the baby's gender fun but has no basis in fact. "Carrying low" means the pregnancy bump, or the most protruding part of the belly, rests low on the abdomen, close to the pelvis. "Carrying high" means the bump rides closer to the breasts. If a woman has loose abdominal muscles, either because of age or a previous pregnancy, the bump will be low. A woman with tighter abdominal muscles will carry a baby higher. The only true way to know the baby's gender is through an ultrasound or amniocentesis.

Continue Learning about Pregnancy, Fertility and Childbirth

Male Postpartum Depression is Real
Male Postpartum Depression is Real
Michael Keaton, in the 1983 film Mr. Mom, put a new face on the stay-at-home dad who wades into the responsibility—and let’s face it, the down-right v...
How Soon After Giving Birth Can I Have Sex?
Can I Prevent Problems with Pregnancy After Age 40?
Can I Drink Alcohol During Pregnancy?
Can I Drink Alcohol During Pregnancy?