8 Questions to Ask About DiabetesLearn More
Ask MDGet personalized advice for managing type 1 diabetes
The number of people in the U.S. who have type 1 diabetes
American Diabetes Association
Type 1 Diabetes Q&As
Stacy Wiegman, PharmD
What is type 1 diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes is a form of diabetes in which the body produces little or no insulin. Without enough insulin, sugar builds up in the blood instead of . . .
- Q How common is type 1 diabetes?
- Q Does type 1 diabetes run in families?
- Q What is type 1 diabetes?
- Q How will type 1 diabetes affect my lifestyle?
- Q Can I develop type 1 diabetes as an adult?
- Q How is high blood sugar related to type 1 diabetes?
- Q Does type 1 diabetes affect children differently than adults?
- Q Will type 1 diabetes restrict my normal activities?
- Q How does type 1 diabetes affect other illnesses?
- Q How should I prepare for an appointment to diagnose type 1 diabetes?
Recent Diabetes Type 1 Articles
If you or your child has type 1 diabetes, staying healthy and eating right is key. Here are five action plans to help.
What You Need to Know About Type 1 Diabetes Diabetes-Friendly Foods for Your Eyes How to Eat Only When You’re Hungry Types of Diabetes See All Articles