What are the rules about wearing jewelry in college sports?

All jewelry must be removed for games. Taping of earrings and other jewelry is not permitted, but fishing wire can be used to keep the holes open. Only medical bracelets may be worn, and they must be taped to the body. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

What are the different schools of thought on carbohydrate loading?
The old school of thought was a two stage process in which an athlete would first carb deplete over ...
Where should my eyes be looking when I'm sprinting?
Vision focus is related to optimal body positioning. On the line, some runners will keep their eyes ...
Are there rules regarding outside temperature and sports for children?
When the temperature is high (generally above 90 degrees) and humidity is high (generally above 50%)...
Why do I tense up at the end of my sprint?
It is quite common for you to try too hard as you finish a sprint. Your desire to perform well can h...