Which age groups are the most stressed in America?

Those aged 18-33 years old suffer the highest levels of stress in the nation, according to the American Psychological Association (APA). In a gauge measuring stress, the millennial generation scored a 5.4 (on a scale of 1 to 10), compared to the national average of 4.9. The APA considers that a significant statistical difference. The main worry bugging young Americans is concern for jobs and money.

Regular exercise, meditation and even some nutritional changes can help one alleviate stress, according to research. Talk to a doctor about other ways to deal with life’s building pressures.

Continue Learning about Stress

Working Out a Good Cry
Working Out a Good Cry
Feel like you could use a good cry but just can't get the waterworks started? Try going for a long, hard walk. According to Tina Vindum, author of Ou...
How can stress affect my weight and eating habits?
Stress can cause what has been termed toxic weight gain. Cortisol, a hormone released when you're un...
12-Step Stress Management Plan
12-Step Stress Management Plan12-Step Stress Management Plan12-Step Stress Management Plan12-Step Stress Management Plan
Learn how to keep chronic stress from aging your body.
How Can Worrying Affect My Health?
How Can Worrying Affect My Health?