Everyone experiences stress from time to time. Unchecked, stress can cause weight gain, increase your risk of certain diseases, harm your emotional health and even add years to your looks. Fortunately, simple steps can help you cope.
Have a looming deadline, or a stressful family dinner next week? Unfortunately, sometimes stress is unavoidable. When you have a stressful event approaching, you can fortify yourself by following these tricks from Sharecare experts.Combat Stress
What Does Your Voice Say About You?
Often it's not what you say but how you say it that really matters. The Sharecare App for Androids uses special voice analysis technology to help you better understand how you communicate and identify stress patterns so you can improve your relationships.Download the App Now
Stress Less ChallengeJoin Now
Try AskMDGet personalized advice to reduce your stress
The percentage of illnesses and diseases
caused by stress
World Health Organization
Stress Management Q&As
Can a diet actually cause stress?
Very low calorie or other extremely strict diets can indeed temporarily alter your genes that release stress hormones. . .
- Q How is stress diagnosed?
- Q Does stress turn hair gray?
- Q What are some risk factors for acute stress disorder?
- Q What is psychological stress?
- Q How can I use progressive muscle relaxation to help with stress?
- Q How does stress affect the workplace?
- Q What are the three categories of stress?
- Q What are the stages of stress?
- Q What is stress?
- Q What are common reactions to stressful events?
Recent Stress Articles
Learn more about stress, including ways to cope, with these articles.
Become Immune to Stress with This Mantra How You’re Shortening Your Life Without Even Knowing It Working Out a Good Cry Fast-Acting Stress Relief Tips See All Articles