Everyone experiences stress from time to time. Unchecked, stress can cause weight gain, increase your risk of certain diseases, harm your emotional health and even add years to your looks. Fortunately, simple steps can help you cope.
Have a looming deadline, or a stressful family dinner next week? Unfortunately, sometimes stress is unavoidable. When you have a stressful event approaching, you can fortify yourself by following these tricks from Sharecare experts.Combat Stress
What Does Your Voice Say About You?
Often it's not what you say but how you say it that really matters. The Sharecare App uses special voice analysis technology to help you better understand how you communicate and identify stress patterns so you can improve your relationships.Learn more about the app
Money Stress?Don't Let It Age You
Try AskMDGet personalized advice to reduce your stress
The percentage of illnesses and diseases
caused by stress
World Health Organization
Stress Management Q&As
Can a diet actually cause stress?
Very low calorie or other extremely strict diets can indeed temporarily alter your genes that release stress hormones. . .
- Q Why do people react differently to stress?
- Q How does stress affect metabolism?
- Q How does stress affect DNA?
- Q What are common reactions to stressful events?
- Q Why do I want to eat unhealthy foods when I'm stressed out?
- Q How can I help prevent stress?
- Q What are some positive aspects of stress?
- Q What are stress hormones?
- Q Why is it important to manage stress as I get older?
- Q How does stress affect the workplace?