Everyone experiences stress from time to time. Unchecked, stress can cause weight gain, increase your risk of certain diseases, harm your emotional health and even add years to your looks. Fortunately, simple steps can help you cope.
Have a looming deadline, or a stressful family dinner next week? Unfortunately, sometimes stress is unavoidable. When you have a stressful event approaching, you can fortify yourself by following these tricks from Sharecare experts.Combat Stress
What Does Your Voice Say About You?
Often it's not what you say but how you say it that really matters. The Sharecare App for Androids uses special voice analysis technology to help you better understand how you communicate and identify stress patterns so you can improve your relationships.Download the App Now
Stress Less ChallengeJoin Now
Try AskMDGet personalized advice to reduce your stress
The percentage of illnesses and diseases
caused by stress
World Health Organization
Stress Management Q&As
Can a diet actually cause stress?
Very low calorie or other extremely strict diets can indeed temporarily alter your genes that release stress hormones. . .
- Q Does crying help relieve stress?
- Q What are symptoms of acute stress disorder?
- Q Do women and men respond differently to stress?
- Q How can I be sexually connected to my partner during periods of stress?
- Q Why are some people better able to cope with stress than others?
- Q How does age affect stress?
- Q What are triggers of stress?
- Q Is having a long commute bad for my health?
- Q How can I lower my child's stress level?
- Q What can I do when my partner and I are both dealing with stress?
Recent Stress Articles
Learn more about stress, including ways to cope, with these articles.
Become Immune to Stress with This Mantra How You’re Shortening Your Life Without Even Knowing It Working Out a Good Cry Fast-Acting Stress Relief Tips See All Articles