How often should I train for a vertical jump or standing broad jump event?

Specifically practice each type of jump at least once a week so that you can become comfortable with the testing process and develop a performance routine that best suits your needs. These jumps will show marked improvements if practiced along with a comprehensive strength and power training program.

Continue Learning about Sports & Athletic Performance

Is it okay to mix age groups for young athletes when it comes to training?
It is alright to mix age groups for basic fitness; however, kids who are competition-ready should re...
Does increasing flexibility help or hinder athletic performance?
Increased flexibility has a positive relationship to increased athletic performance.
What is a sports combine?
Combines, especially for youth athletics, are events strictly for assessment of performance skills a...
How can I get stronger so I do not get pushed around the basketball court?
How can I get stronger so I do not get pushed around the basketball court? The training that has the...